The Fruits of Eric's Garden

Three years ago, Eric and Liz bought a new (to them) home.  We helped them move in and get settled.  The home came with a beautiful garden.  This summer they have harvested peaches and zucchini.   Two weeks ago, they gave us a bag of peach slices.  I made a peach cobbler. Recently, they gave us a large zucchini.

We have raised zucchini at several of our homes.  I realize they grow very rapidly once they are mature.  I would go out to harvest and find huge vegetables.  We often eat zucchini and yellow squash at dinner time, but once they grow very large, they don't taste that good just sauteed.  What to do?  Peeling them and then shredding works well.  I can freeze the shredded zucchini in two-cup portions to use in zucchini bread.  

Last week I did shred the zucchini.  I have owned blenders, several different mixers and even a meat slicer.  This week, I was wishing I had a food processor.  It would have been easier.  Here are three bags of shredded zucchini, each holding two cups.  






Since I only had one loaf pan, I picked some foil pans at the store and then baked three loaves.  Here are two in the oven.



Now that it is fully baked, doesn't it look good?







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Season Is It, Anyway?

Total Change in Routine

Turning the Page