Family Visit and a Fall


When it is spring break time in Littleton, Colorado, we are lucky to receive a visit from Eric and his wife Liz and two children, Kylie and John.  

Getting together always means eating together.  Sometimes I prepared the food.


One day, we visited the Cactus Grill here in our resort.



They enjoy sitting by the pool and getting some sun.  We seldom do that but we did join them there one day.



One evening, they took us out to eat at San Tan Flats in Queen Creek, a town just south of Gold Canyon.


The restaurant has decorations from the old west 
 



There is seating both outside and indoors.  We started outside and ended inside where we were out of the sun.








After they left we returned to our routine, which means walking daily in our resort.  Unfortunately, Thursday I fell and did a face plant on the left side of my face.


Saturday, I did it again, only this time I got the right side of my face.  I guess I wanted my face to be evenly bruised!


Nothing hurts except my right hand.  I guess I tried to stop my fall.

I have been to the emergency room.  After waiting over an hour, I decided to leave.  If I had any brain damage, I imagine I would have felt some sign of it by then.

Today, we walked--I held on to John so I wouldn't fall.  We were happy to see the Argentine Cactus in bloom.  The flowers always bloom at this time of year.  They are our Easter (cactus) lily.



John had been creating in his shop.  Before Eric and Liz came, he made this intarsia wall hanging of geese.




Saguaro are protected in the desert here. You need a permit to move them.  We saw this one being moved to a new location.  They are large and very prickly.  You can see the cloth straps wrapped around them to make it easier to move them.






 

Comments

  1. Oh, no! What is going on? Your poor face! I've heard that arnica can help with bruising. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Season Is It, Anyway?

Total Change in Routine

Turning the Page