Botanical Gardens



Denver has a beautiful botanic garden in the center of the city.  We had been there before, in a different season of the year.  

We saw so many beautiful flowers and other plants.  Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the plant names, but want to let you enjoy their beauty.


One of the ponds is surrounded by green trees and shrubs that make it look like it belongs in a mountain valley.

 
This is such a beautiful collection of blooms.



There is also one Chihuly glass creation.  The Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix has several of his creations.





I love the look of this green  plant.


I wonder if this is some kind of coleus.


I caught a picture of a bee feasting on pollen in this pretty white rose.



These somehow don't look like water lilies.  I wonder what they are.

Beautiful red leaves.


I wonder what this delicate flower is called.


I believe these are some variety of daisy.

These are marigolds.  We had them in the back yard when I was growing up in Denver.


Late summer flowers are so often some shade of orange.


This, I believe, is some kind of gourd.


This is one of the waterfalls John captured.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Season Is It, Anyway?

Total Change in Routine

Turning the Page