City Girl, born and bred



I grew up in south Denver--only 2 to 3 blocks from the Valley Highway, now known as I-25.
Through the years I have lived in and around Denver, as well as in smaller towns, like Boulder, Castle Rock, Oconomowoc, WI, Mesa, AZ, and Gold Canyon, AZ.

During our years of RVing, we also lived in places like Cannonville, Utah, and Walsenburg, Colorado and Wamic, Oregon.  I loved RVing and learning about life in small towns.  But I am really a city girl.

We are now living in an apartment in Lone Tree, Colorado, on the south side of Denver.  And this is truly city living.  On our morning walk the other day, we saw this concrete pumping activity for a soon-to-be parking garage and apartment house.  Our current zip code is almost entirely filled with apartments buildings.  It is so interesting!  

In Wamic, I would wake up and see cows out the bedroom window.  Here our windows open on an interior courtyard, but any time we leave the building, we see people, shops, and construction.

                                       

Above you see the long arm and hose pumping concrete into the forms.  Look at all the workers on top, guiding the concrete into the right area, then, I am sure, packing it to be sure there are no air spaces.

A concrete truck drives up and empties into a sort of funnel on the rear of the pumping truck. We also saw a couple of workers getting a can of the concrete and checking it for something--maybe the right mixture of sand, concrete and water?
 

Summer flowers vary from place to place.  Since I have lived most of my life in the Denver area, one mile above sea level, it is good to be here and see flowers I recognize from when I was young.  These are Missouri Evening Primrose--not native to Colorado, I imagine.



We also see roses and coleus


day lilies


hydrangea
more roses

Our son Eric and his family life in Littleton, just west of where we are. 
They came for dinner a last weekend and we celebrated our grandson John's 17th birthday, which was on Monday. It is so good to be close to them for months at a time.



We feel at home, here in the Denver area.  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Season Is It, Anyway?

Total Change in Routine

Turning the Page